Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Premiere VEGAN MOFO Post, un peu tard




6 days in--I am but a worm. But I do have some pumpkin muffinry!

I based these on the "Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes" from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.

My tweaks:
  • 1/4 cup less sugar
  • Used steamed and mashed kabocha squash
  • 1/4 cup more kabocha
  • Whole wheat pastry flour
  • Extra tsp. vanilla
  • Almond milk instead of soy
I had to leave them unadorned on account of the fact that I do not have confectioners on hand right now. Well, they turned out delightfully moist and sweet...so all is well that ends well! I just thought these had come out more muffin-like. Going to school in sub-tropical Honolulu, I begin to miss the autumnally festive atmosphere of home (and other temperate zones). Pumpkin and cinnamon leave me feeling like crisp foliage on this balmy Tuesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment